Sunday, February 17, 2008

The wonders of Italia

I was looking at a place in Park Slope and one of the roommates is a girl from Naples who came here to take classes at the International Photography Center (IPC). That means she's Italiano, guys. And into photography. After I had looked around the apartment she left with me to go into the city (we we're both going to Union Sq). Had a chance to talk to her about photography and Italy a bit, and the differences in culture, food, COFFEE, etc. It was great. We talked about the horror that is the americano (drip coffee) compared to cappuccinos. I really miss Italy. I gave her my business card, hopefully we keep in touch.

Oh yeah, the place was ok too. It was pretty big. I don't know if I will take it. I guess I will decide if they call me back.

After that I met up with Pauline in Chinatown to photograph the (still going on) Chinese New Year festivities. It was a day full of photography talk. I didn't take many photos I'd keep or show though. I can't deal with crowds. Its too hard to photograph.

No comments: