Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sleep writing

Early this morning when I was half asleep, I came up with an entire chorus (with melody in my head!) for a R&B and/or rap song. I got up and wrote down the lines in a daze and went back to sleep. When I woke up, all I was left with was 3 lines that I can't place. The melody in my head is gone, of course...

This is what I wrote down-

They knock the life

No need for drama, mama

She's sweet but my heart is with her

WTF is this supposed to mean? They don't go together, I remember that much. There were other lyrics surrounding them, at one point I remember I had an entire fricken rhyming thing going on. Ugh, this is going to be a nightmare to put back together (pun intended).

2 comments:

Colleen said...

LMAO- this is just like that Seinfeld episode with the joke that he wrote in his sleep and the woke up, read it and couldn't make any sense out of it. Maybe things in sleep are better left to the subconscious.

Unknown said...

That's exactly what I thought of when I got up to write it, haha. I miss you going through my Seinfeld dvds when we lived together.