Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St Patricks Day Weekend



I went to Philly last weekend. Totally forgot it was going to be Saint Patrick's Day "weekend." One of the worst "holidays," I must say. Bunch of frat boys running around drunk and dressed in green. It's like they get way more obnoxious and are everywhere all of a sudden. I remember 2 years ago, I ended up at Alligator Lounge on Saint Patrick's day for some reason - it was like any other night haha! No one in green or any bullshit. Seriously, do they really need an excuse to get drunk? Just do it...

Anyway, it was a pretty mellow visit. Didn't really do... anything. Spent the better half of it at Alex's suburban house 15 minutes outside of center city. Took some portraits of him while Nate worked on a grant proposal..



He's in this get-up because he was painting his neighbor's house. So we took photos between breaks. On Saturday night, we went to meet up with some college friends who have settled in the Philadelphia area. Corey had recently moved to King of Prussia for work.


Nate and Corey


Harney

Erica Harney is going to grad school at a school I don't remember the name of in central PA. U. Penn maybe? I think she said it was a four hour drive to get to Philly. We all met up at a bar called Monk's. It's a Belgium bar. There is a "good" beer scene in Philly. Between Monk's and Eulogy, they have good European beers covered.

Soojye and Paul came to meet up with us there too. After dinner we went to a bar that Sarah Davey bar tends at. It was totally spur of the moment thing. Shawn Spangler was drinking there when we went. It made the whole night awesome. I miss being around people I enjoy the company of (or just a lot of Alfred people at once). We were all semi-drunk and had a great time.


Corey, me, Soojye, Paul, Sarah Davey

Overall a pretty good trip. We really didn't do anything except go out Saturday night though. It's ok, Philly is pretty ass in my opinion. Nate keeps trying to convince me to move to Philly since one of his roommates are moving out but what is the point when NY is only 2 hours away?

No comments: