Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Need feedback, guys


Becca, Events Coordinator, The L Magazine

I'm going to take portraits of the L staff this summer. The one above is a sample. But I feel like I need something extra to make the photos stand out. Straight portraits don't interest me anymore, or rather, I can't come up with a legitimate idea behind these photos other than it's just my nature to document things and I love taking photos of people.

I feel like I need some sort of gimmick or at least an (*gasp*) idea behind them. I don't know. Help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a few questions to ask your self...

(and I know you're already asking yourself why?)

What is the purpose behind taking these photos? Does it have to do directly with these people being employees at L magazine? If so, why not document them in their work environment?

Or is it more about them outside of work? Who they are as people?

What do you really want to say with these photos?

If it's simply that you want to take photos of people... then that's all there is to it.

But for some reason you picked the people who worked at L magazine... if you wanted to just take portraits of "people" you could take pictures of any one in the street.

Let's talk about it online sometime...

I'm not sure if this was any helpful.

I'm trying to figure out what is that THING you want to stand out about them?

I think if anything your answer lies in the question "Why the people of L magazine?"

-Kaci