Friday, September 26, 2008

Will kill for this camera

Canon unveiled the successor their 3-year old 5D last week- The 5D Mark II. Early indication from highly regarded photograph Vincent Laforet and wedding photography studio BEBB Studios have both said this camera will "change everything" and I am falling for the hype.

I know there is maybe 1 other person who reads my blog who will even be interested in this stuff, but I have to say - I might seriously consider saving up for this $2700 camera for my visit to China spring next year.

This thing can shoot 1080p video footage, which isn't a big deal to me but my gawd, the footage speaks for itself. The BEBB Studios blog also have still examples shot at a an insane ISO of 25600 (Supersonic) and the photo looks 10 times better than anything I can shoot at 1600 ISO on my Nikon (which I can't even shoot as because the quality is so bad).

But this would be a massive investment, as I would have to switch to the Canon system. It will force me to be more serious about my photography though, and actually try to make a living off of it, which is my goal... anyone need me to shoot a wedding?

This is a very exciting time in digital photography. I can't wait for it's released in November and see what people do with it.

No comments: