Sunday, September 20, 2009

a new winner

I was in Greenpoint today. We decided to have brunch and went to Brooklyn Label. I had taken a photo of the space for The L and noticed they served Stumptown coffee. They are really picky about who they let serve their coffee so I was interested in trying it.

The only way to test is to order a cappuccino, so I did. I have to tell you, that first sip hit me with a wave of emotions I haven't felt since 2005. I was instantly transported back to my favorite cafe of all time, in Florence, Italy called Cafe Rapphella. This cup of cappuccino tastes the most similar to what I can remember of Cafe Rapphella's. I still can't get over it. It was a really well made cappuccino and was only made better by the fact the Stumptown coffee tasted really balanced. I used just 1 sugar packet and it was the perfect amount. I don't even have to go to Joe's anymore after this. It's going to be really hard not going to Brooklyn Label every day soon to get a cappuccino. Holy shit.

No comments: