Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Zunes? Anyone?

I bought a Microsoft Zune (super impulse buy) from woot.com because it was $150. It arrived yesterday and took me more time than I would have liked to set it up. The software is really buggy. Anyway, no one has these things. It's like a "why bother?" when you can get an Ipod. I don't know how I feel about it. If the next ipod blows my mind, I'll might just get that and give this to my sister.

Actually, Dapo had one for a while. I don't know why he bought it though, since he uses a Mac now and Zunes are not compatible with them. Anyway, he traded it to some guy for a ipod...

So I'm transfering trains this morning and sit on the R train. Low an behold, the woman sitting next to me is using a...Zune. Isn't that weird? I've never seen them before and the first day I have one, I sit next to someone on the train with one.

Maybe you don't notice things unless you have a reason to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what kind of a name is zunes anyway. z + tunes? the whole time you were talking about it i was imagining it spelled zoons and it made even less sense. still...

sandy said...

so i went to the mall today and saw the zune. this is really one hell of a coincidence because now that i STILL live in bumblefuck and not exposed to any new technological savviness, i have to go to the mall to notice these things. i thought it was some kind of new cell phone pda. ha.

sandy said...

oh another note, my creative zen m wont connect fully to my computer. even though im so frustrated with trying to fix the damn thing, i really love the player and cant seem to find anything better. im considering buying another one during christmas spend-money-on-discounted-electronics-including-the-wii-duh time.

Unknown said...

The zune isn't as bad as it seems to be. There is just almost no reason to get one over an Ipod - unless you hate Apple. I am not a fan of Apple's prices on computers, but that's not why I got the Zune. I got it because it was super impulsive.