Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chase, more like rape

Why does the Chase bank in DUMBO want to charge me THREE US DOLLARS to take money out of their ATMs? WTF. I know DUMBO is all expensive now, but geez. Not to mention that my bank would probably charge me $1.50 on top of that.

DUMBO has gotten crazy expensive lately. Bridgefresh, the local mega-deli raised almost all the prices on their menu. Small coffees went from .75 to .95 or something like that - I don't know, I stopped giving them my coffee business the second they raised their prices. And I noticed that bagels went from .90 to .95 cents also.

The place down from them, Jimi's didn't raise their price of coffee. Instead, they started using smaller cups! A small used to be 12oz. They stealth switched to 10oz cups last week. I only noticed because the goddamn sleeves don't fit on the smaller cups. Now I go to the Chinese bakery by my train station before I get on the train.

3 comments:

sandy said...

CHASE charges you $3 every time you ATM-it more than 4 times per billing cycle/month. I've "donated" aplenty $3's. Just take out more money than your fat wallet can hold.

Unknown said...

I don't even know what that means. If I take money out from THEIR machines mroe than 4 times per billing cycle or just any general ATM use? Because I have NOT used their atms this month at all.

Colleen said...

Of course they're charging you- it's not your bank. You have a bank in NY, why don't you just use that one? Community Bank raised their fee to like $2.00 on top of the fee from the bank you're using, which also has a fee (duh.) But I'm jut confused as to why you would ever get money out of someone elses bank if you have one in NY.
Other thing- if you go in to a teller at a bank (not your own) and ask to use your Debit card as credit, they can withdraw money for you with no fees anywhere since it's more like a credit card purchase. Just a tidbit I picked up!