Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rent is Insane

Base asking rent in Greenpoint for a proper 2-bedroom is now $1800. $1800. That's $900 per person. Think about that and how inconvenient it is to get anywhere from Greenpoint. I'm priced out of any neighborhood I would like to live in Brooklyn now. Me moving out in the next year is now slim to none.

I really don't think Rosemary and I will find anything I would be happy to move into. I mean, for fucks sake, I was actually considering Greenpoint. And I've been priced out of the area, as I've just learned. I'm not even talking about places near Nassau St and McCarren Park. I'm talking about north Greenpoint like by India St. What the fuck.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

How is it that any of your coworkers can afford to live in NY? I mean, it's not like they're all living in Harlem or anything, right? (PS I was being sarcastic!)

Colleen said...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/nfb/720758141.html