Friday, January 9, 2009

Me

eight

"I put on my overcoat and walked into winter, my teeth chattered rhythms" -Death Cab

I haven't done a self-portrait in years - since my senior show. I find my house to be really terrible to photograph in because I'm here all the time. But also because in the past few years, it's become "my parent's house" to me. I had always had the idea to try and take a photo in my living room with the light coming in from the windows but was too lazy to do it till now. The photo above is the result.

I have so much art work I've acquired over the years that I want to put up but can't because we have limited space and my mother has all of her acquired art up. Plus, it would be really disjointed to have art my friends made next to traditional Chinese art.

We also don't have a lot of space and there are too many background distractions that would take me forever to move to compose a photo in my style. But now that I have time, I'll probably try to set up my strobes and find some interesting compositions to do some self-portraits again.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

HOT
You contrast so well with the light. With the carpet and the couch I thought you were in a hotel or something. Nice work!

PS- Are you going to keep the "Une Annee San Lumiere" title since your year is technically over?

Unknown said...

Well, technically I'm heading into a year that I anticipate will be pretty bad, at least the first few months, so...