Tuesday, January 6, 2009

oh nine is off to a really shitty start

six

Today I was laid off... and then rehired to freelance for the magazine I hold so dearly. What does this mean? Less time at work and more time to photograph!

That's what I'd like to say. In reality its too cold to photograph and I'll probably just stay home and play videogames and try not to spend money. Having this come after the holiday really sucks since, you know, I would have probably not bought have the shit I did last month.

Speaking of videogames, Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM), one of the oldest gaming publications, got sold today and pretty much laid off the entire staff and shut down the magazine and only the online portion will remain. They laid off at least 40 on the staff, which meant they kept like five people. So I don't even know how they will have content to provide for the webite (which I don't read). I only listen to their podcasts, which there will be no more of. No more podcasts for me to listen to on my morning commute anymore. Well, if I had a regular morning commute. ZING.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm sorry about you being laid off :(
...as for the sleeping: on my floor in Alfred was just as bad as your floor in Brooklyn. Luckily Ashley and I got to trade off.

SJP said...

That's terrible, Adam! I'm sure things will work out though. And p.s. I will come visit sometime soon.