Tuesday, March 27, 2007

thé ADORE

Today during lunch I went down to Union Square to give something to Liz and decided to go to Joe's to get an ice mocha. Every time I go, I pass by this little bakery place called thé ADORE and I never went in. They always have some cute Asian girls working. And I notice every time that I pass by it when it is mid afternoon, the have sign posted on the window that says "sold out of sandwiches".

Today I passed and thought "why not", so I went in and looked at their menu and bought a Turkey sandwich. I don't even like Turkey. The Asian (Japanese?) woman at the counter was sooo soft spoken (how stereotype) that I couldn't hear what she was asking me. I just kept nodding. This entire French bakery has Asian girls workin in it. Sooo odd.

After I paid $6 for the sandwich I went to Joe's. The barista I have a crush on was there but I couldn't muster the courage to introduce myself to her. She knows who I am, I go in often enough. I feel something goin on, but then again, it might all be in my head.

The sandwich was okay. It was certainly not "6 dollar" good. It was the cheapest of the sandwiches. They had some others at $6.50 and still more at $7. Next time I'll look more carefully at the menu, and maybe pick up a pastry, which Colleen says is "really good".

3 comments:

Colleen said...

dude you know the name of the place is not "the" as in the American: "the," but actually "thé" as in tea in French. just an FYI...

Unknown said...

I know, I couldn't find the é and didn't want to go into indesign to find it. Now that you used it, I can copy and edit! Thanks Leenie!

sandy said...

like no DUH! although i tweaked mine to almost perfection. har har. i spent about 5 hours yesterday modifying codes and figuring out where i want to place new decorative components.