Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Update 3/17/07

It was really warm on Wednesday/Thursday. Warm enough for Eliza and I to get Mr Frosty and eat it at Union Square Park. Then it snowed on Friday. And then my dad made me shovel around our house. You don't understand, we live on a corner lot. That means I have an entire side of the street to fricken shovel. Not the 10 feet front side like everyone else.

I got quite a workout from it, now it's Monday and I'm still sore. That's what happens when you sit at a desk all day and don't work out much. I lost my abs. Yeah, I had them at one point. I think I'll start working out again.

Oh yeah, last Tuesday, I beat Paul at pool for my first legitimate win against him. Ever. And it wasn't hyped or high pressure. I think that's why it happened. I've come close a few times before but couldn't sink the eight.

So back to this weekend, I had a wonderful dinner with my girls ELiza, Ashley and Jackie at a Italian place called Soto Cinque on the Upper East Side. It was St Patricks day, and seeing the streets filled with Bros and the skanks who love them all over the Upper East Side really caught me off guard. I was walking to Ashley's apartment and it was like I was back in college. The stench of cheap beers like KEYSTONE LITE filled the air all around. It was the most disgusting thing ever. I honestly don't know how I dealt with all that shit in college. I guess I just blocked it all out and was with good company, even on a Thursday night at Alex's. I think back now and can't for the life of me know why I was there so much on Thursday nights at one point. I never even drank that shit beer they had for mug night. I always got a railbender or something.

I'm not even a beer snob, I just don't drink cheap shitty beer like those calorie conscious bros. Anyway, we had dinner at that Italian place, which was mediocre, but the wine was good. Then we went to the Royal Oak in Williamsburg.

It you didn't know better, St Patrick's day was nonexistent in Williamsburg. Because today, instead of BLUE striped button shirts, all the bros were wearing GREEN striped button shirts. Ahhhhhh. None of that shit at the Royal oak. Everyone was dressed like always- hipster. You know, sometimes the hipsters are alright. Too cool for that shit. No green beer either, which no one one seemed to mind, care about or ask for.

I was wearing my LRG jacket (why?) and my keys fell out of my jacket pocket at Royal Oak.
Those keys were attached to a purple Alfred University lanyard that has a lot of sentimental value to me. It was Colleen's. I'll probably call them to see if they have it soon. Otherwise, Colleen will have to buy a new one and use it till she comes this week so it will be "broken into" and not new. I didn't realize I lost them till I was at Union Square, because I had my arm around Jackie the entire time we walked to the L train. Ugg, is that ironic?

Was supposed to meet up with David, but he didn't even get to Williamsburg till 3AM. Maybe next week.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

eliza? eliza? oh you mean BETSY