Sunday, March 4, 2007

Revisiting Coney Island (now in color)



Ashley and I went to Coney Island yesterday to take pictures. She needed to do the act of photography and I wanted to play with my D80 and see how the place would look in color. It's so different to me. My senior show was shot in black and white and medium format. Now I'm going back to shot in color and 35mm.



It was weird adjusting to the wider frame. I tried to take some photos the exact same way I did it with my Yashica (like the two above).




Ashley with her Hasselblad



They took out the broken phone post that was in near this wall. I noticed a lot of little differences when I was there. Like the sand level being higher on one of the lamp post I took a shot of last year. The also tore down some of the amusement areas since the buyout of some of the space there. The mini golf, go-kart and baseball cage were all tore down. It's going to be really different in Coney Island this summer.


Ashley says "bye!"

No comments: