Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I <3 The L

The production staff went out to lunch with me today to celebrate my new position. We went to a bar/grill called Superfine. It was pretty good. We pretty much stayed out and drank after that all afternoon and never went back to the office. Did I tell you how much I love my new job?

I was talking to Mike (music editor) about something at one point and said "you can see it when we get back to the office" and he replies, "if we ever get back to the office".

He then told me how when they had lunch for Edith (the assistant editor) a month ago, they never made it back to the office. They went from Superfine to 68 Jay St bar to Pedro's. I was like "oh shit!".

We stayed at Superfine for a while and played pool. Man, do I SUCK after a month and a half without playing. Jonny (editor in chief) killed everyone. Edith is okay at it. She plays semi regularly. But I was really ashamed at my performance, especially after I told them I had my own stick, which I only used once (thanks Paul). I told Jonny that we're having a rematch in a month. So I'm going to get my ass to the pool hall and practice, by myself if I have to- when I have free time.

After Superfine, we were walking back to the office and stopped at 68 Jay. Jonny sorta stopped for a sec and opened the door, so we went in. This place is one of the cheapest places to drink in the city. $2 Ying Yeling, $3 Stella and Brooklyn, $4 Guiness, $5 well drinks. At one point, we were talking about interns and the current one- Eli. We decided to call him down, so Mike called the office and told him to come. He told them we told him to come to an "important meeting".

A few people left a bit later, and a half and hour after that, Scott (publisher) and Nick (Assistant publisher) came! No doubt, they heard from the people who went back to the office about our where abouts. Scott bought everyone a round.

Before I knew it, it was 6pm. I had to leave to go meet up with Rosemary and Tina for drinks. We had drinks at Phoebes for a while. Jackie also came out. It was the longest drinking day I've had in a while. And I got paid for it!

No comments: