Sunday, July 1, 2007

Weekend Update: Sightings at Union Pool


PHOTOS LAUREN MORRIS

Met up with Lauren Morris and her friend Heather yesterday. They were both in town for the BFA opening. We started at Union Square (of course). I suggested we go row boats at Central Park and they were into it so we went.

When we got to the fountain in Central Park, those 3 street performers were there again, in the exact same spot doing the exact same act that I saw when I was there with Danielle a few weeks back. Everything was the same down to the teeth. Even the people they picked out of the volunteers- 2 European woman and an Asian dude. I pretty much told Lauren what was going to happen and she wanted to watch it anyway. So we watched a bit until right after they started asking for money. Then we left and went to the boat house.

But they were closed. They closed at 6pm. We got there at 6:12pm. Thanks, Lauren! (I kid). After that we went to Union Pool to meet up with Liz and Caitlin. It was aroun 7pm so there weren't many people there, except a few...and we knew one of them...

We're sitting on a picnic bench outside on the patio and I'm facing a wall. Lauren and Liz are sitting across from me and one of them goes, "Is that STEPHANIE sitting over there?". I turn around, and it IS Stephanie. I'm talking about Stephanie the painting prof from Alfred. She was the only teacher I saw that went to the opening so she's around. But to randomly see her at Union Pool with like 7 other people at 7pm was weird. Oh, Alfred. We can never escape it can we?

She saw us at one point and I guess did a double take, and realized there were some kids from Alfred here. Then she didn't look over again the entire time. I really wanted her to look over so Lauren could wave or something and acknowledge that we knew. But she didn't.


Look at the blond woman in the back

1 comment:

sandy said...

i bumped into alfred people today in ithaca.