Monday, September 17, 2007

Free Beer, Lots of it.

On Friday, the 2nd annual Brewfest took place at South Street Seaport. It's basically the biggest excuse to get drunk ever in NY. Pretty much most of the microbreweries around NY state come and set up tables for tasting.

Tickets are $45, but I got in for free. My job gives me perks like that. That is like the most amazing thing ever. Every time I think about it. Beer? Microbreweries? unlimited FREE? OMG.

They gave everyone a 4oz shot glass at the gate for you to use. After about an hour, you'd hear the occasional glass breaking on the floor, and everyone would go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh". When you're drunk with 5000 other people around that are also drunk on a seemingly unending supply of beer it's alllllllright.

I must have tried at least 25 different beers. That probably was only 30% of what was available. The festival was supposed to be from 5-11pm, but around 8pm, everyone started to run out of beer. By 9pm, it was pretty much kicked.

I went with Ray and we told Kevon to just come. It's in a public space, which is also pretty amazing in itself- that the city allowed this to happen on the pier. There are no barriers set up, anyone could just walk around the seaport. We could have easily just gotten beers with our glasses and poured them into a cup for someone, or just drink and get more. Brewfest is like the best thing ever the more I think about it.

Next year, we're telling everyone to come because it's so easy to get beer. I don't think they changed the glass design from last year either, so I'm just going to bring it back and let someone else use it. So great, so glorious!

No comments: