Monday, September 17, 2007

People Still Lining Up for Wii

I was at Best Buy this morning to buy [something] and they had advertised that they would have Wiis in stock today so there was a line of about 30-50 people before the store opened up at 11AM.

I can't believe people are still lining up for one. It's really quite amazing on Nintendo's part on marketing, but not so amazing on keeping up with stock. It's going on 10 months and it's still not regularly in stock.

So Best Buy opened the store and everyone started running to the videogames section. I just shook my head and went around to the other guy at the videogame section. "What you looking for, a Wii?" he asked me. "No, I have one. Do you have the Halo Xb0x?". I went to the Xbox section, picked up the fricken 30 pound (slight exaggeration, but not by much) box and went to the cash register. Done.

2 comments:

sandy said...

so does this mean that come holiday times, i probably wont get a chance to purchase one? :(

Unknown said...

i can find one any day of the week, people are just too lazy to look for one until best buy tells them they have it.

the nintendo store at rockerfeller center gets new shipments everyday, but they also usually sell out by noon everyday.