Thursday, May 17, 2007

Go! Go! Curry!

A new place called GO!GO!Curry! Opened up on 38th and 8th 2 weeks ago. It's a Japanese fast food-ish (good food fast?) chain that's obsessed with the number 5. "Go" means, or sounds similar to "5" in Japanese. I should know this, I use to take Japanese, but I don't remember. I'm sure Colleen will correct me. So they had this crazy promotion where they sold all their entrees for .55 cents for the first week. Now it's $5 until the end of May (5th month).

The "5" thing kinda gets out of hand, as their hours of operation are 10:55am-9:55pm, and every time Hideki (is that even his name) something, the Japanese Yankee (who's number is 5 or 55) hits a homer, they give out free topping cards the next day.

What they serve is basically a dish of rice with a meat of your choice over curry. They have chicken katsu, pork katsu, shrimp, and sausage. I went with Paul today and I got the chicken and he got the pork (I didn't get the pork, guyz). It was pretty good for a $5 dollar meal. But come June, a small is like $7, medium $7.50 etc. I dunno if I'd want to pay that much for lunch. Especially when all your getting is more rice over curry the larger size you go. The meat amount stays the same (its a generous portion anyway).

But for now, I'll most likely go back one more time before the $5 deal expires at the end of the month.

PS Their mascot is a huge giant Ape [for no reason?]. AWESOME.

No comments: