Monday, April 9, 2007

Sara Weekend Update 4/7

On Saturday night, the Isles played at the bookstore (i.e. Union Hall) in Park Slope so we(Liz, Tina, Sara, Ashley) all went to see them play. I call it a bookstore because they entire front side of the bar is set up to look like some rich person's library and the first time I went I mistaken it for a bookstore. They have 2 bocce ball courts in the bar. I'm not even going to start on that.

I drove there and drove through Carroll Gardens to get to Park Slope. If I were to move out and stay in Brooklyn, Carroll Gardens would be my number one followed closely by Park Slope. But alas, the median rent in these 2 neighborhoods are higher than the Lower East Side. WTF. GG non native hipsters and yuppies.

I'm walking to the bar and a few people come out and one of them says "there's like 4 tables in the entire place" obviously annoyed at the bookstore set up. I laughed to myself.

I was the first one there. I shouldn't have went so early. I went in and couldn't find anyone from the Isles either so I went up to the bar. All of a sudden Andrew (Tina boyfriend) comes up behind me. So I got a Stella and sat with him and 2 other guys that lived in their house (but not in the band). FYI the Isles is the band [Tina boyfriend Andrew] is in.

Talk about AWKWARD. After the initial "how are you" and crap like that, dead silence. We were all kinda sitting in a row so it was hard for 4 people to talk, but anyway [pre-judgment or dudes aren't interested in talking to other dudes]. Good thing Liz and Tina came not too long later. Park Slope girls are were it's at, son!

The other parts of the weekend was pleasant. We sat at Joe for a while. Then Sara never gave me back my perk card and now it's in Potsdam. Dammit, we logged like 6 drinks onto that card too.

Sara, Ash, Liz and I also chipped in for a canvas for the Art Gotham show and created the piece during lunch eating Japanese and finished it at Joe.

Sadly, we never made it to the dessert bar. Instead, we ate at a vegetarian place called Kate's Joint in Alphabet city (Friday night). It was one of the worst dining experiences I've had in recent memory. Not because it was vegetarian and I like my meat, but because the "20 minute" wait was more or less 1.5 hours. And the food wasn't that great. It's not a place I'd go back to.

No comments: